Pages

Monday 1 February 2016

Paris Hilton

‘My mother always told me it’s not polite to discuss money, but it’s true,’ reality star told press. ‘I’m very proud. I’ve worked hard’
Paris Hilton’s DJ debut: was it a complete fiasco?

 

Paris Hilton shows off her extensive record collection Photograph: Mr JCY/Rex Features

Paris Hilton now earns up to $1m per night as a celebrity DJ. The often-derided former reality TV star, who says her music is her “passion”, regularly plays at clubs in China, Dubai and Ibiza.

“I don’t want to be bragging, but it’s great to be paid well for what you love doing,” Hilton told the New York Post. Amid reports that she had received $2.7m (£1.6m) for a four-night residency at Ibiza’s Amnesia club, Hilton confirmed that she sometimes receives as much as $1 million (£620,000) for a single DJ appearance. “My mother always told me it’s not polite to discuss money, but it’s true,” she said. “I’m very proud. I’ve worked hard.”

In addition to an ongoing residency at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Hilton has recently DJed nights in Vietnam, Shanghai, and a closing bash for Paris Fashion Week. She is “having a ball” with all these parties, which average about two a week.

Meanwhile, the 33-year-old socialite is also working toward her second album. Now signed to Lil Wayne’s Cash Money label, Hilton has released two singles over the past year: Good Time and Come Alive. Neither made it on to the UK or US singles charts. Hilton’s first LP, released in 2006, sold about 600,000 copiesworldwide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment